I came across a post that Lara Ramos posted on a blog from HSN. It was called: Save Makeup Save Money: Tips for Making Your Beauty Products Last. (Click Here to read it.) So I decided to make my own!
1. Coupons, coupons, coupons!!!!! Ladies, there are coupons everywhere!!!! Check out your weekend newspaper, pharmacy ads, and Ulta! Pharmacies are always having different sales or coupons. For more of the high end, I have an Ulta rewards card. When I got it, they started sending me their ads. They always have a coupon code in it!!! They are good about having a clearance tab on their website too!
2. Reorganize your make up every few months! The other day while reorganizing all my makeup, I realized I had more than one of the same product, bunch of products that were very similar, and a bunch of things I didn't even realize I had. Use some of those products up first!!! If you don't, you'll just end up buying more of the same thing.
3. Clean those brushes ladies!!!! Remember that post on the importance of cleaning your brushes? No? Then Click Here to read it.
4. As Laura said in her post, scrape bottom! Don't just throw away a product when it is getting low, get one of those little spatulas that scrape the bottom so you get every last bit! Get every little bit of your moneys worth!
5. Return it! That's right, if you buy from places like Walmart or Rite Aid, you can return it if you don't like it. I do that all the time. Just the other day I saw some eyeshadow at Walmart, purchased it, tried it on, and was VERY disappointed! It didn't go on well at all. Not a big deal, I just dug out my receipt and returned it. Why keep something you don't like and will end up throwing it away?
What do you think? Do you have any makeup money saving tips? If so, please feel free to comment. I would love to hear your tips too!