I have been so bored with my nails lately. So, for some inspiration, I went on to Pinterest to get some ideas. There are sooo many cute ideas. I could definitely pull of some of them on my left hand, but when it comes to doing it on my right hand, you might as well forget about it. I got really annoyed and decided to be boring and paint them a solid color like usual. While digging for some polish, I stumbled across these Sally Hansen polish strips I forgot I had. I get my cute design without having to actually do it myself! I am loving this cute Aztec design. What do you think?
Out of all the birthdays, my 30th, has to be my favorite! This year has been pretty rough on me so far. I have been feeling down... a lot lately, and hating the world. I didn't even want to celebrate my birthday. Not just because it was my 30th, I just felt too depressed to even want to do anything for it. Little did I know, my amazing group of besties schemed behind my back to throw me one heck of a 30th birthday party... 80's prom style!
If you're not familiar with Ipsy, it is kind of the same concept as Birchbox. You pay a monthly subscription of $10 and receive a makeup bag of samples, instead of a box.
This is what April's Ipsy bag looked like.
1. City Color Eyeshadow
2. Urban Decay eye pencil. I am sure I will LOVE this because I pretty much love all Urban Decay products.
3. Benefit Lolli Tint Lip gloss. I think I am going to love this shade. I used to hate lip gloss and thought it felt like I was applying glue stick to my lips. Then, I started using plain chapstick brand chap stick before applying lip gloss and now I am obsessed!
4. Kiss Eyelashes. Girls, I love me some luscious eyelashes!!!! When I go out for special occasions, I am either wearing my false lases, or I'm using my Younique 3D Fiber Lashes!
5. Cailyn Lip gloss. I have never seen lip gloss in a container like this. I have some gel eyeliner in a packaging like this, but this looks interesting!
This was my very first Ipsy Bag. I have been getting Birchbox for probably 5 months now and already I feel that I love Ipsy more. Even though you fill out a questionnaire when you first subscribe to Birchbox and Ipsy, I still feel like there are only a couple of things I actually like from Birchbox. Whereas Ipsy, on the other hand, I can't wait to try out almost all the products. Do you get Birchbox or Ipsy? If so, please tell me what you think! I would love to hear what you have to say.
Miss Casey Jo has been having a good past couple of days. She has been eating, and going out a little. Today she went out to eat at our local Bob Evans with her friend Mallory, and her adorable babies A & P!
Casey Jo with Mr. A
Mallory with her adorable little P!
We honestly have the best little community. My Aunt Rhena asked Bob Evans if they would do a fundraiser for Casey Jo and they agreed. Not only in Marietta, but the Parkersburg, WV Bob Evans also had one for her that same day. We had so many people on her Facebook (Find Casey Jo's Facebook page: Breathe 2014 Easy) page comment on how they were going. It was awesome! Casey Jo even made the evening news! (To check out the link, Click Here!)
We are so amazed by all the local support! I love seeing people around my hometown wearing Team Casey Jo shirts. Especially people I don't even know! Makes my heart swell with pride to call Marietta/Parkersburg home.
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel. I can't wait to try this! I have always wanted to try the Anastasia brand products, but haven't done so yet. I will be trying this out soon!
2. KIND Snacks. Unfortunately, I won't be trying this bar out since it has nuts in it and I'm allergic.
3. Paula's Choice8% AHA Gel Exfoliant. This sample smooths, fades dark spots and boosts collagen production. I may give this one to my Mom to try out.
4. Color Club Nail Polish. This pretty shimmery shade will look cute on my nails!
5. Supergoop! This is a daily correct SPF 35 CC cream. It protects against UVA, UVB and infared-A rays.
This is either my 4th or 5th Birchbox. I'm still not 100% pleased with it. I recently started receiving Ipsy. I think I will start posting both of them for a few months to see which one I like more. Do you receive either Birchbox or Ipsy? What do you think? Which one do you like more?
What a wonderful day! Casey Jo had visitors today!!!
Diana, Me, Casey Jo & Aunt Rhena
Casey Jo with our Aunt Rhena
Casey Jo with our friend Steph's Aunt, which we claim as our Aunt Lisa too!
We had such a great visit with the Aunts & Diana! We sure are spoiled though! Here are some of the goodies we received:
Aunt Lisa gave Casey Jo some pretty flowers and this beautiful blinged out cross and a pink & teal one for Mom & I....how sweet!!!!
Diana brought Casey Jo an activity to keep her busy when she is awake. She put together this adorable Doggie scrapbook Casey can work on. Is this not adorable!?!?! She even brought pictures and double sided tape so Casey can start on it right away. I can't wait to see it finished!
Aunt Rhena brought Casey Jo a little Hospital survival kit! Some solar powered dancing animals, coozie, hair clips, slippers and jelly beans. (Reminds us of our Mamaw...she always made sure us girls had jelly beans at Easter time!)
Aunt Rhena even brought me something too! I got a sudoko puzzle book, an Easter solar powered bunny, paper & pens and a nail kit, which I desperately needed!!!!
Casey Jo has been getting a TON of mail!!!! You should see the look on her face when the nurses bring her in mail. She loves opening them and reading them. She has even received cards from people we don't even know who are praying for her. She feels so blessed!!!
Today was a great day. After our visitors left, she took a nap and ate! Her appetite has been coming back! Yay! (Only if we can get her to continue to do this once she gets home!) Dr. D came in and talked to her a little more about transplant list placement and gave us more info. Overall, a wonderful day.
Todays #WardrobeWednesday is a comfy, hospital edition!
Since I am staying with Casey Jo this week, I am wearing super comfy clothes. I had no clue how many WVU outfits I had until this hospital stay! Thanks to the Hubs & his sweet Aunt Betty, I have lots of cute WVU clothing! Which is great for lounging around Casey Jo's hospital room studying for my state test!