How awesome is that!?!?! Thanks Brittany! I feel so honored!
She asked me some questions which I have to post, then I nominate people for the award also and make questions for them too! The lovely ladies I am nominating and the rules will be at the bottom of this blog post.
Here are the questions from Brittany:
1. What song do you never get tired of listening to?
Missy Elliot's Work It. Every time I hear it, it reminds me of me & my sister singing it.
2. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Every Thanksgiving night, my family goes to the theatre and we watch a movie.
3. Biggest pet peeve?
People who are in a hurry to pull out in front of you while driving, then drive slowwwwww.
4. Facebook or Twitter?
I'd have to say I am on Facebook more often.
5. What is your favorite blog?
I can't say I have a favorite. I have about 5 blogs I always look out for their posts. I love reading them...and they are mentioned below :)
6. Describe your ideal vacation?
With my family, on a beach. The same vacation I take almost every year with them. I wouldn't change a thing :)
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
Ian Somerhalder...Oh he is so dreamy!
8. What is your favorite thing about fall?
When Starbucks comes out with their Pumpkin Spice latte, boots & scarves!!!!
9. Who do you go to when you need advice?
My Aunt Jen, Mom/Dad or Sister.
10. Give us a random fact about yourself.
I was allergic to a childhood vaccine and it put me in a coma.
1. What is your favorite holiday and memory of that holiday?
2. If you could choose one celeb to be your BFF, who would it be and why?
3. What is the last thing you took a picture of?
4. What is one random fact about yourself?
5. If there was a reality show about your life, what would the theme song be?
6. Do you have a charity or are you an advocate for a cause that means a lot to you?
7. What inspired you to start blogging?
8. What is your absolute favorite movie of all time?
9. What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
10. Have you ever had a recurring dream? If so, what happens in it?
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog. 2. Link to the person who nominated you 3. Answer questions about yourself that the person who nominated you asks. 4. Nominate bloggers to receive the award. (make sure to link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know you have nominated them)
Last week, I was reading A Coffee Break With Brittnay's blog. She did a
Sweater Weather Tag and tagged anyone who read her post. So here is mine:
1. Favorite candle scent? That would be Butter Maple Syrup from Crossroads.
Smells soooo good!
2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? I’m going to have to agree with Brittany and
say all of the above.It really depends
on my mood.When it comes to coffee it
is pumpkin spice latte. The tea I love to drink is from a herbal store back
home, and my favorite cocoa is dark chocolate raspberry.
3. What's the best fall memory you have? Best memory of fall would be the time
my sister and I went to Dollywood in Tennessee. We had a blast.I will treasure that memory forever!
4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner? I would have
to go with the dark lips.I am horrible
with the winged eyeliner! I like to line & fill in my lips with NYC
lipstain in Never Ending Nude, then, put Maybelline’s in 300 Lavender
Lavish.It is their Color sensational
fall 2013 collection.I know it doesn’t
look too dark, but when I put it on top of the lip stain it is dark enough for
5. Best fragrance for fall? I am in love with Burberry’s The Beat.It has a fabulous woodsy smell to it.
6. Favorite Thanksgiving food? My Daddy’s deep fried turkey!!!!! Wow is it sooo
7. What is autumn weather like where you live? Well, I live in PA, so that
means it is snowing one day and in the 60’s the next day.The trees are absolutely gorgeous.I love seeing all the amazing colors.
8. Most worn sweater? This is my favorite fall sweater.I love wearing a brown tank under it.
9. Must-have nail polish this fall? My favorite fall polish isn’t new. It is
Essie’s Mink Muffs.I saw this on my
cousin last fall and fell in love with it! It looks very brown, but it really
10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles? Well, I’m really not a fan of
football, so leaves it is!!!
11. Skinny jeans or leggings? I love, love, love skinny jeans.They are the perfect jeans for boots! 12. Combat boots or Uggs? Uggs!!!! They are sooooo warm and sooo comfy! I love wearing
them in fall and winter because they keep my feet so warm.
13. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype? It’s weird, I love pumpkin spice lattes,
but I really don’t like pumpkin pie! I LOVE to make it, but just don’t care to
14. Favorite fall TV show? Ravenswood :)
15. What song really gets you into the fall spirit? I don’t think any song
really gets me in the fall spirit, but I do like Green Day’s Wake Me up When
If anyone reads
this and wants to do it, I tag you also!
Not much has changed the last few days. Casey had her sugar tested after her tube feed on Friday and it was pretty high, 439! So they gave her some insulin and then later on her sugar went low to 54. So they are trying to get that under control. They have also slowly lowered her oxygen level from 4 liters to 1 liter. She has also gain 2lbs!!
She had a couple of visitors today!! Our cousin Amy and Brian Harmon came and gave her a little gift while she's there in the hospital! That made her day, she hasn't seen them for a few months!
Another easy day for Casey today! Not much has changed, they are still debating on giving the iron through pills or the IV. She ate a whole sandwich, which is very good for her since she usually doesn't eat anything!! They are ordering a shorter Mickey-Button (feeding tube) for her because the one she has now goes in and out of her stomach too much.
It shouldn't come that far out!
The shorter one will hopefully make her not feel so full all the time and maybe get her appetite back!
Today, Casey didn't have any procedures to do, so she just rested. They got her IV's started and she's seems to be feeling better already. One of the IV antibiotics (Vancomycin) she is on gives her a allergic reaction called 'Red Mans' which makes her face, chest and head red. It's also itchy and makes her face swell a little bit. So she has to take Benadryl before each dose of Vanc which makes her very sleepy all day long.
When they put her PICC Line in yesterday and also went ahead and took some blood. The results showed that she's anemic. Her hemoglobin was 8 and it should normally be 12-16. So that might be a reason why she has been so tired and isn't breathing well. They are deciding on whether to just give iron pills or put iron through an IV.
She got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from one of her amazing friends, Mallory!
Well the time that Casey Jo has been dreading has finally came. She had to break down and get on oxygen. On Oct 23th she had an overnight sleep test to watch her O2 levels. The normal levels should be around 95-99 and the test takes at least four hours but its much longer since you do it while you're sleeping. So if your O2 levels are at 88 or below for five minutes (doesn't have to be consecutive minutes) then you are suppose to be on Oxygen. Casey was hooked up for a little over ten hours and She never even went up to 88! Her lowest number was 60 and her average was 77.
So the next day the results were faxed to Cleveland and then Casey got her oxygen machine which she proudly calls Roxi, Roxi Oxi!! :)
She has just been extremely tired and worn out for about the past month. She's lost more weight and gets very short of breath doing just about anything. For example, just walking to a vehicle or drying off in the shower or even just holding a conversation can wear her out.
So she had an appointment with her doctor on Tuesday the 5th and they decided to have her stay. They got her admitting paperwork and all that done. Also, they got the PICC Line placed after 2 hours. They had a little trouble getting it in, it just wanted to stop at her armpit but finally they got it through and will be starting the IV meds soon!!!
She sounded in good spirits when I talked to her earlier today. I'll try to update as much as possible. :)
Have you been on Pinterest and seen those: '10 Books Every Woman in Her 20's Should Read' pins? I have seen many of them. I have read some some of the books on those lists and thought, why would that book be a necessity to read in my twenties???
Since the end of my twenties is close to six months away, I thought I might want to get your opinions. I am going to make my own list of 20 books every lady should read in her 20's. I will try to read each of your suggestions (If possible) and after I turn 30, make my own list.
So please, offer me your suggestions. What books would you recommend for women in their 20's that are a staple for life. I can't wait to hear your suggestions!