I got a little bit of p-inspiration yesterday. I found Loreal's 400 Tangerine Crush at Walgreens and remembered a pin that I pinned on Pinterest. It was a pretty coral polish with one nail accented in big silver glitter polish. I already had the Milani silver glitter so I was set! I love this simple look! What do you think?
1. I am in love with this fresh new color! It is Essie's Boom Boom Room!
(Trick- Put on 3 very LIGHT coats!)
2. A cute new pair of shades. I got these adorable shades from Gabes for $3.99! What a steal!
3. While shopping with my sister Casey Jo, I found these chic new sandals from Target. Whites & brights are in this summer!
4. I LOVE chap sticks! (Actually, all lip products in general.) I try all kinds of brands and I like so many of them. My hands down, absolute favorite, holy grail chap stick will always be the classic black Chapstick brand chap stick.
5. Ladies, always, always, ALWAYS use SPF on your precious face!!! I have super oily skin, and unfortunately, my foundation doesn't have SPF in it. I have tried BB creams, sunscreens and they either break me out, or I have to blot my face 3 times a day. Not with this! It is Clinique's super city block. It is a little pricey, but I don't need to blot my face through out the day and I'm not shiny. I bought this last year and still have so much left over!
6. I am all about hats! I got this cute hat from Sam Moon. I think I paid $9 for it.
7. I have been into cross body bags lately. I also got this one from Sam Moon. $22.99
8. In Style magazine. I LOVE this magazine! This is by far my favorite out there. I get so much inspiration from it.
9. These bright colored necklaces are in this season!!! I think they are so cute! I love these because they are such an easy way to dress up your look. I got this from Gabe's for $5.99! -That's right, a necklace & earring set for $5.99!
10. If you watched my May Hits & Misses video, you would have seen my all time favorite summertime lotion. I love using Vaseline Aloe Fresh gel (lotion). I always use moisturizer after shaving, but in the summer I get so sweaty. I know it's gross, but I even sweat behind my knees. I can't stand to put lotion on my legs, just to feel it melt off when I start sweating. Gross! I don't have that with Aloe Fresh. I LOVE it!!!
11. I am an anti-tanning bed kind of girl. (I did my share of it when I was younger, but I am all about preventing skin cancer and preserving my face!) I try different self tanners. I must say, this is my new fav! Jergens Natural Glow foam. I felt like it blended evenly with my skin.
Note: If your self tanner is more than a year old, pitch it!!!! If may look good at first, but as the day wears on you start turning orange!!! I have learned this on 2 different occasions!!!
12. Every girl needs a cute bathing suit for the summer time. Even if you don't make it to the beach and end up in the back yard kiddie pool with your beach chair and a cooler of your favorite drinks & an In Style magazine....don't judge! lol!
I hope you enjoyed my summer must haves....What are some of yours???
2. I have been looking for this cup in pink for a while now and my sister found it and bought it for me.....it's the little things that make me happy!
3. When I went shopping last week I found Sally Hanson's Sugar Coat. I put it on my toes, and I'm not sure if that was a good idea. I constantly move my feet at night and I scratched up my legs. It has the texture of sandpaper. It is however, very cool! It only took 2 coats. I think I would have liked it better on my nails.
4. If you have read any of my previous posts, you know that my sister Casey Jo has Cystic Fibrosis. She has had so many things growing in her lungs over the years. While in class this past week, I brought in her sputum sample so we could culture it. What we found: Staph Aureus. (It wasn't a big shock, I already knew she had that among other things growing in her lungs)
5. Hooray for new specs!
1. Spending Father's day with my Daddy!
This fine specimen of a man is my Dad. (He should really learn not to take pictures like this...I will use them! lol!)
Of course that was not what my dad really looks like! This is my Daddy & I spending fathers day together earlier today.
2. My sister came up this past week and we got to spend the whole week together.
3. I purchased Sally Hansen's Sugar Coat Wednesday. This stuff is so cool! I only put two coats on and it instantly hardened. It's really cool, but I'm not sure if I like it. I personally can't stand the feeling on my toes...it feels like sand paper. But it is just so dang neat!
4. When I took my sister back home Friday, we noticed there was a Merchant & Artist walk going on in our home town. My mom, sister & I decided to take a stroll.
My Momma & me
Casey Jo & Me
5.Casey Jo & I went to target earlier this week and I got these cute sandals!!! I just love them!!!
I found this recipe in a Campbell's soup cookbook my Mom got me for Christmas. Wow is it good!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of potato soup
1 1/2 cups half & half
2 cups whole kernel corn, drained.
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes cut in strips
1 cup small or medium cooked shrimp
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Heat the soup, half & half, corn and tomatoes in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the shrimp and chives and heat through.
3. Season to taste with black pepper.
That's it! Super easy and so yummy!
Hey everyone! I've seen so many bloggers posting videos on YouTube, so I decided to try it. I think I'll post a hits & miss video at the beginning of each month. It will focus on the previous months products I liked or disliked.
Please Watch it & tell me what you think!